Logic of English™ Foundations teaches children age 4-7 to read real books without guessing or memorizing sight words while developing their writing, spelling, and language skills.
In Foundations students gain phonemic awareness, learn to read and write the 75 basic phonograms, and increase reading fluency through structured but playful activities. The innovative Rhythm of Handwriting™ method aids students in developing fluid handwriting. Step by step, students grow as readers, moving from phrases to sentences to paragraphs to books.
Using evidence-based reading instruction methods, Foundations combines multi-sensory learning with the latest in linguistic research to provide students the best possible foundation for education: strong reading and writing skills.
The four sequential levels of Foundations make it possible to adjust the schedule and pace of the curriculum to the needs of your students. Typically children complete the four levels over two or three years.
Read about what is taught in each level:
about Teacher's Manuals
about Student Workbooks
Scope and Sequence
Foundations A Complete Set
Includes reusable supplements used throughout Foundations!
- A Teacher's Manual
- A Student Workbook (choose Cursive or Manuscript; includes tear-out readers)
- Doodling Dragons: An ABC Book of Sounds
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Handwriting Quick Reference Chart (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Handwriting Tactile Cards (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
Foundations B Set
- B Teacher's Manual
- B Student Workbook (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Foundations B Readers
- Foundations B Readers: Young Artist Series
- Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- All the items in the Foundations B Set
- Eight reusable supplements used throughout Foundations!
Foundations C Set
- C Teacher's Manual
- C Student Workbook - one per student
- Foundations C Readers
- Miles and Jax
- Miles and Jax: Master Planners
- Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
Foundations D Set
- D Teacher's Manual
- D Student Workbook - one per student
- Foundations D Readers
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
**You will also need the 13 children's books used in Level D, and the reusable supplements used throughout Foundations.
Take a video tour!
A video introduction to Foundations A-D with author Denise Eide. Filmed live at a Logic of English training.
Read what people are saying!
Foundations testimonials and reviews from homeschoolers, teachers, and curriculum specialists.