Careers at Logic of English
Logic of English is a dynamic, collaborative, growing team based in Rochester, Minnesota.
We are growing! Logic of English is currently accepting applications for the following new positions. All will require on-site work in Rochester, MN.
To contact us about these positions, please use any of the methods listed on our Contact page.
We are only hiring for these positions at this time, but if you are interested in other employment opportunities with Logic of English you are welcome to send us your résumé so that we can keep it on file.
Full Stack Web Developer
Logic of English is looking for a full stack web developer who lives in the Rochester MN area for a few months of work on our new website with a possible option to extend to a permanent, full-time job working on customer-facing applications as well as internal tools.
DescriptionLogic of English is looking for a full stack web developer who lives in the Rochester MN area for a few months of work on our new website with a possible option to extend to a permanent, full-time job working on customer-facing applications as well as internal tools.
This individual must be able to work on a team to bring technology to bear on business opportunities. As part of the team, this person will participate in planning and implementing customer-facing websites and web apps as well as internal websites, processes, and tools. Candidate must be willing to learn and become an expert in other tech areas in order to keep a small business running.
- Work on a team to plan, design, build, and maintain web front-end interfaces
- Work on a team to plan, design, build, and maintain web back-end code to include database interfaces
- Work on a team to plan, design, build, and maintain Adobe CEP plugins and tools
- Work with web hosts to maintain the general health of multiple microsites to include hosted code/files, domain names, DNS records, ssl certificates, etc.
- Manage projects ensuring status is communicated in a timely manner with teammates and decision makers
- Stay reasonably up-to-date on web technologies and best-practices in order to maintain the security and maintainability of new and existing projects
- GSuite administration to include Google Group administration, Gmail, App Maker/ Google App Script projects and internal tools, Drive, etc.
- Google Cloud Platform Administration - keep hosted databases and services running properly
- Dropbox Administration - mainly ensuring all Dropbox team files are backed up locally as well as to a third-party, off-site service
- Perform local area network administration tasks to include keeping firmware up-to- date and troubleshooting wireless and wired network connectivity problems
- Perform updates and general maintenance of multiple iPads and shopify card readers
- Provide limited support to less technically-proficient users of Mac computers and other Apple devices
- Experience writing Node.js serve code
- Experience with GIT
- Experience writing build scripts
- Experience with automated/unit testing
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration concepts/techniques
- Experience with image optimization strategies
- Experience with securely integrating web apis
- Experience with MYSQL
- Ability to learn a new framework/language to solve unique problems
- Knowledge of iterative design and development is required
- Google Analytics
- A/B Testing techniques
- Jekyll Static Site Generator
- Knowledge of Adobe Common Extensibility Platform
- Knowledge of Electron Framework
- Knowledge of Google App Script
- GSuite Administration
- Local area network administration
- Data backup planning and maintenance
Updated December 3, 2018