Careers at Logic of English
Logic of English is a dynamic, collaborative, growing team based in Rochester, Minnesota.
We are growing! Logic of English is currently accepting applications for the following new positions. All will require on-site work in Rochester, MN.
To contact us about these positions, please use any of the methods listed on our Contact page.
We are only hiring for these positions at this time, but if you are interested in other employment opportunities with Logic of English you are welcome to send us your résumé so that we can keep it on file.
Full Stack Web Developer
Logic of English is looking for a full stack web developer who lives in the Rochester MN area to work "contract to hire." Current work will focus on our new website with future work on both customer-facing and internal tools.
DescriptionLogic of English is looking for a full stack web developer who lives in the Rochester MN area to work "contract to hire." Current work will focus on our new website with future work on both customer-facing and internal tools.
This individual must be able to work on a team to bring technology to bear on business opportunities. As part of the team, this person will participate in planning and implementing customer-facing websites and web apps as well as internal websites, processes, and tools. Candidate must be willing to learn and become an expert in other tech areas in order to keep a small business running.
- Experience writing Node.js serve code
- Experience with GIT
- Experience writing build scripts
- Experience with automated/unit testing
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration concepts/techniques
- Experience with image optimization strategies
- Experience with securely integrating web apis
- Experience with MYSQL
- Ability to learn a new framework/language to solve unique problems
- Knowledge of iterative design and development is required
- Jekyll Static Site Generator
- Knowledge of Adobe Common Extensibility Platform
- Knowledge of Electron Framework
- Knowledge of Google App Script
- GSuite Administration
- Local area network administration
- Data backup planning and maintenance
Updated August 30, 2018
Logic of English is looking for a full-time graphic designer with experience in both print and digital media to be part of a highly collaborative and growing team. We are looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into images, layouts, and other designs. Successful applicants will be self managing, posses strong communication skills, and work collaboratively with the team. Candidate must be willing to work in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Create images and layouts that further develop the Logic of English brand
- Create phone, tablet, and desktop layouts for webpages
- Create and enhance the visual strategy for branding Logic of English across the website, social media, print products, slides, product packaging, and marketing materials.
- Translate complex concepts into visual assets for the Logic of English website, social media, newsletters, slides, etc.
- Work with the product development team to design new products including book covers, interior layouts of books, posters, charts, etc. which align with Logic of English branding.
- Work with the social media team to create visually engaging posts across a variety of platforms.
- Perform rapid prototyping for initial ideation
- Incorporate changes recommended by the team into a final design
- Create the various sizes and formats for images needed for different platforms.
- Manage the organization and storage of digital images and graphics files
- Develop a project schedule and implement it
- Proven graphic design experience with portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- The ability to develop rough drafts, present your ideas to a group, and receive feedback
- Ability to apply and process constructive criticism from team members
- The ability to think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- 2+ years of commercial design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related discipline is preferable
- Extensive experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other Creative Suite applications specifically with mockups, web design, and print layout.
- Working knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, Java Script
- Photography and/or video experience would be considered a plus!
Updated August 27, 2018
Logic of English is looking for a full-time Warehouse and Inventory Manager to be part of our expanding warehouse operations. This person will need to enjoy working alone or with just one other person for extended periods, as well as enjoy frequent collaboration with other team members in making business decisions. This position will have full ownership of our daily warehouse operations.
Candidate must be willing to live in the Rochester, Minnesota area.
- Inventory management and warehouse space optimization
- Order fulfillment oversight and management of shipping support staff
- Manage product stock to ensure sufficient levels for all distribution channels
- Collaboration with purchasing staff to optimize product purchasing levels
- Coordinate with suppliers and transportation companies
- Receive, inspect, & record inventory deliveries
- Communicate with senior management on stock levels, trends, issues etc.
- Interface with wholesales publishers on orders and returns
- Forklift management, repair & maintenance planning, and safety training
- Manage monthly inventory reconciliation
- Manage shipping software including Advanced Shipping Manager
- Manage warehouse & office phone service and equipment
- Warehouse general maintenance including snow removal
- Manage and hire custodial staff for warehouse and offices
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and processes
- Manage and maintain shipping supplies
- Lead and support other projects as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Some previous warehouse experience required
- General understanding of warehouse management best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration preferred but not required
- Ability to work a minimum 40-hour work week
- Ability to lift 35 pounds - 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Updated August 27, 2018