FAQs about LOE Webstore Purchases
Orders are shipped from our office in Minnesota by USPS, FedEx, or UPS. We typically ship orders out within two business days (or within five business days during our busiest months, July and August). The delivery time and cost varies with the location and the shipping method you choose. Learn more about shipping.
Digital products purched on our webstore are available for immediate download. Shortly after you order, you will receive an email with a link to each digital product you have purchased. Use this link to download and save your files. (If you do not see the email within a few minutes of ordering, you may need to check your spam folder.)
Learn more about downloadable products.
If you purchased a digital product from us before March of 2016 and need to download the file again, please contact us for a new link, since our new webstore provides PDF access differently. Learn more.
Yes. It depends on how your browser is set to handle downloads, but we suggest you try this:
In Adobe Reader or other PDF reader, open the File menu. Choose Save As, or the equivalent option.
Right-click (or option-click) the link to the PDF that appears in your internet browser, instead of simply clicking on it. Choose the Save As option (every browser uses different terminology, but there should be an option to choose where the link will be saved).
Shipping is never free; it's just a question of whether or not the cost is built in to the product prices and whether some customers pay extra to subsidize lower shipping costs for others.
We've found that we can offer better pricing and fairer costs for all customers by offering transparent shipping, where shipping costs are not built in and the customer pays whatever the shipping actually costs for his or her order and address. Because we now offer lower prices on many of our products and 10% off complete sets, most orders actually cost less than they used to when some orders qualified for "free" shipping. Learn more.
Online, our curriculum is available through the Logic of English webstore. This is where most of our customers purchase.
Our trade books, Uncovering the Logic of English, Sounding Out the Sight Words, Doodling Dragons, Whistling Whales, Knitting Knights, and Miles and Jax, are available at the LOE Webstore and through a number of online and storefront retailers, including Rainbow Resources, Amazon, and CBD.
Usually, yes. In most cases you'll want both sets if starting Foundations and Essentials at the same time with different students. Our Complete Curriculum Sets have a significant discount, so there is a savings in ordering the package.
In some cases it may be more economical to order some items individually if you are starting multiple LOE curricula at once, since some items are included in more than one set. However, some items are helpful to duplicate:
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards (strongly recommended, so that you can keep sets sorted by which phonograms each child or group has and hasn't learned and save time as you begin your lesson each day)
- Phonogram Game Card decks (for the same reason)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (so multiple kids can use them at once)
So if you would like to have multiples of these, here is what we recommend.
If starting Foundations (beginning at Level A) and Essentials
Then order the additional Foundations and Essentials sets as you need them. You may want to order the Foundations D items individually instead of getting the set, since you'll already have Spelling Rule Flash Cards from your Essentials set, but otherwise there is no duplication between the remaining sets.
If starting Foundations (beginning at Level B) and Essentials
Most students start Foundations at A, but in some cases B is a better fit (see Help Me Choose for guidance). If you are starting Foundations at B, order the Essentials 1-7 Complete Set, plus one of the following Foundations B Sets:
- Foundations B Set - for Starting at B - This set includes all the reusable Foundations supplements used throughout the levels, so order it if you would like duplicates of the Basic Phonogram Flash Cards, Game Cards, and Game Tiles.
- Foundations B Set - This contains only the books for level B, not the reusable supplements, since is designed for those continuing from level A. If you don't want to duplicate all the student supplements, or if your student can already write uppercase and lowecase fluently and you plan to skip the handwriting portion of the lessons, it will be more cost-effective to order this set and then add the following:
- Student Whiteboard
- Basic Phonogram Cards (second set - optional)
- Phonogram Game Tiles (second set - optional)
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards (manuscript or cursive) - if handwriting instuction is needed
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference (manuscript or cursive) - if handwriting instuction is needed
If starting Rhythm of Handwriting and Foundations
NOTE: If a child is using Foundations, you do not need to purchase separate Rhythm of Handwriting materials for the same child. All handwriting materials are included and instruction is built into Foundations lessons.
If you are starting Foundations with some children and Rhythm of Handwriting with others (using the same handwriting style), you'll be able to use some of the same supplements for both. We recommend you order the Foundations A Complete Set, plus the following individual student materials for each student doing Rhythm of Handwriting:
- Rhythm of Handwriting Student Book in Cursive or Manuscript
- Student Desk Strip in Cursive or Manuscript (optional)
- Student Whiteboard (optional)
If you are teaching one handwriting style in Foundations and another in Rhythm of Handwriting, order Complete Sets in both.
If starting Rhythm of Handwriting and Essentials
Continuing to Essentials from Foundations
If you have already purchased the Foundations A through D Sets and are continuing to Essentials with the same child, you already have most of the supplements you will need. You should order the following:
- Essentials 1-7 After Foundations Set — includes only the Essentials 1-7 books plus supplements not used with Foundations
- Any items from the "You will also need" list from the After Foundations set that you don't already have (maybe none, but check in case you are missing anything)
- If teaching multiple students, add additional Workbooks and Spelling Journals.