Essentials 1st Edition (2012)
On sale while supplies last!
The SCIENCE of Reading and the ART of Teaching
The Logic of English® Essentials curriculum uses proven, research-based methods to teach students ages 7 to adult to read, spell, and write successfully. Easy to use, engaging, and fun, Essentials improves the spelling and reading skills of all learners by providing linguistically accurate phonics instruction, fluency practice, morphology and vocabulary development, grammar, and composition.
For every learner and every teacher
Clear instructions and scripted lessons allow teachers, tutors, and parents to learn alongside their students, developing their own understanding of the structure of English as they teach. Multi-sensory instruction and a variety of multi-sensory exercises allow teachers to customize the curriculum for the needs of their students, paving the way to success in reading for all kinds of learners.
First edition of Essentials is on sale!
Essentials Teacher's Manuals, 1st Edition are still available in a digital format at a significantly discounted closeout price.
Take a video tour of Essentials 1st edition.
This high definition video is best viewed full size.
You will need...
- Essentials Teacher's Manual, 1st Edition
- Essentials Student Workbook(s), 1st Edition
- Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Game Book
- Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Phonogram & Spelling Rule Quick Reference Chart
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Optional: The Essentials Reader (Reading comprehension supplement)
Click the links below to view excerpts from the 1st edition of our Essentials curriculum. All files are in PDF format.
- Table of Contents
- Scope and Sequence
- Sample Schedules (This link shows the Sample Schedules printed in the Teacher's Manual. For an updated version with new scheduling tips, click here.)
- Spelling Lists
- From the Introduction: Before You Begin and Teaching the Lessons
- Why Begin with Cursive?
- Lesson 1
- Lesson 2
- Lesson 29
- Lesson 40 - Assessment and Review (Every fifth Essentials lesson is a review)
To view optional Advanced Spelling Lists for each Essentials 1st edition lesson, visit the free resources section of our Resources page.