Logic of English™ Foundations teaches children age 4-7 to read real books without guessing or memorizing sight words while developing their writing, spelling, and language skills.
In Foundations students gain phonemic awareness, learn to read and write the 74 basic phonograms, and increase reading fluency through structured but playful activities. The innovative Rhythm of Handwriting™ method aids students in developing fluid handwriting. Step by step, students grow as readers, moving from phrases to sentences to paragraphs to books.
Using evidence-based reading instruction methods, Foundations combines multi-sensory learning with the latest in linguistic research to provide students the best possible foundation for education: strong reading and writing skills.
The four sequential levels of Foundations make it possible to adjust the schedule and pace of the curriculum to the needs of your students. Typically children complete the four levels over two or three years.
Read about what is taught in each level:
about Teacher's Manuals
about Student Workbooks
Scope and Sequence
Foundations A-B Set
- Teacher's Manual A and B
- Student Workbook, level A (choose Cursive or Manuscript; includes tear-out readers)
- Student Workbook, level B (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Foundations B Readers
- Doodling Dragons: An ABC Book of Sounds
- Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Card
- Handwriting Quick Reference Chart (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Handwriting Tactile Cards (choose Cursive or Manuscript)
- Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles
- Student Whiteboard
Foundations C-D Set
- Teacher's Manuals C and D
- Student Workbooks C and D - one per student per level.
- Foundations C and D Readers
- Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
**You will also need the 13 children's books used in Level D, and the reusable supplements from the Foundations A-B Set.
Take a video tour!
A video introduction to Foundations A-D with author Denise Eide. Filmed live at a Logic of English training.
Read what people are saying!
Foundations testimonials and reviews from homeschoolers, teachers, and curriculum specialists.