For the student who has mastered the phonograms, spelling rules, and words in Level B.
The world of words opens further as students master an additional 13 multi-letter phonograms
and 10 spelling rules
which explain tens of thousands of additional words. Students develop greater speed and accuracy
by playing creative, fun fluency games. They also learn to read questions and contractions
. Upon completion of Level C, students will be able to read many multi-syllable words
as well as read controlled paragraphs
and answer questions about the content.
Upon completion of Level C students will:
- Be able to count the syllables in a word
- Read two-syllable words
- Know six reasons for a silent final E
- Read words with silent final Es with some degree of fluency
- Read contractions and know their meaning
- Recognize and read questions
- Read an additional 13 multi-letter phonograms
- Know an additional 10 spelling rules
- Read and comprehend short paragraphs that have been controlled
- Identify the schwa or lazy vowel sound in a word
- Answer simple comprehension questions about non-fiction paragraphs
- Be developing fluency while reading simple texts
Level C includes:
- 35 Lessons plus 7 review lessons
- 8 Content readers about factual topics such as Dolphins and Ostriches that have been controlled for phonograms and spelling rules.